Why Set Up a Company in Abu Dhabi?
The United Arab Emirates encourages foreign investors and locals to set up business across the Emirates. Among all the Emirates, Abu Dhabi has gained the interest and attention of foreign investors and entrepreneurs for its accessibility, simple company registration or company setup procedures against the backdrop of world class infrastructure.
Abu Dhabi is one of the safest, fastest growing and affluent markets in the world. If you are in possession of a viable business plan and wish to start your business in the Emirates, Abu Dhabi is the city for you to establish your business. The rules and procedures are transparent and only takes few days for completion if all the requirements are met and procedures accomplished.
Process of Company Formation in Abu Dhabi
Company formation procedures are relatively straightforward and do require various applications, here are some of the simple steps for a local and foreign investor:
- Obtain a trade name approval from the Department of Planning and Economy
- Start a tenancy agreement
- Conclude a notarized partnership agreement or a services agency agreement
- Get a license with the competent authority
- All the above documents together with other relevant information to be submitted to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Abu Dhabi
A business license is required to start your business in Abu Dhabi, and the city provides six types of business licenses for investors setting up a firm. These are:
- Commercial license for conducting trading activities
- Agricultural license
- Professional license for individuals (e.g., carpentry, services)
- Occupational License for consultants, lawyers, journalists
- Industrial license
- Tourism license
Types of Company Formation
As a business investor, there are two possibilities to incorporate in Abu Dhabi. In Free Zone company incorporation, the business owner can have 100% of the firm or an organization where they can have a local partner. In the case of having a local partner, only 49% of the company will belong to the foreign business owner/investor. For companies in Free Zone area, following are the available registration process:
- Free Zone LLC Company
- A Professional Services Company or Free Zone Establishment
- A Branch Office of both local and foreign companies.
- A Representative Office.
The other types of companies open for registration in Abu Dhabi are:
- Sole Proprietorship
- General and Limited Partnerships
- Private and Public Joint Stock Companies
- Limited Liability Companies