No, there is no restriction on the transfer of currencies in Greek jurisdiction.
Athens, the capital and largest city of Greece, is an alpha city and one of the largest economic centres in south-eastern Europe. It is called ‘the cradle of Western civilization’ and ‘the birthplace of democracy’ owing to its political and cultural influence on the European subcontinent since ages. Apart from its commercial distinction, Athens is known for its ancient architectural sites and contribution to the arts and philosophy.
Since the First World War, Athens has been the hub of all mercantile business, export and import. Port Piraeus in Athens the largest passenger port in Europe, and the second largest in the world. This makes Athens a crucial commercial centre. The primary exports form the city consist of olive oil, tomato products, wine, cement, minerals and textiles. Athens abounds in manufacturing industries, especially handicrafts, and accounts for a high concentration of jobs in Greece.
Benefits of Company Setup in Athens
- Athens is the national and financial capital of Greece, rich in its commercial and cultural legacy. A company in Greece enjoys exposure in terms of governmental support and industry market.
- Tourists flock Athens in millions every year. It attracts people from around the globe, opening doors to increased foreign investment.
- Athens is ideal for employing workforce for your company – it is home to highly educated and skilled manpower at a fraction of the price compared to other European countries.
- Athenians are entrepreneurial and social by nature; one can find an amalgamation of traditional small-scale businesses like travel, agriculture and tourism amid high-end firms with global connections and customer base.
- Athens has many state and private Greek banks, in addition to a number of foreign banks offering a gamut of services, like venture capital, finance and advisory, for corporate businesses.
- The developmental corporate legislation in Athens provides investment incentives to promote regional development and environmental sustainability, besides aiming to grow employment and business opportunities.
We provide the following services for company formation in Athens:
- Company incorporation
- Company registration
- Greece tax consulting
- Business development
- Branding and communication
- Digital communication and strategy
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform to help you start your business in Athens. From business name registration and accounting advisory services to intellectual property rights and trademark search, we support your company setup through business-oriented services. Athens is the political and commercial seat of Greece. It provides lucrative business opportunities for zealous entrepreneurs and growing firms. Our team of experienced advisors and consultants in Athens can help you out with the legal and business formalities of company registration in the city, complete with the most appropriate corporate and income tax setup, to fast-track the growth of your company.