New Delhi is the capital city of India. It is one of the most targeted emerging markets retail destination in Asia. It is located in the centre of the country on the west bank of the Yamuna river. It is the federal seat of the Republic of India, and home to some of the most significant national monuments.
Primarily an administrative centre, New Delhi is also a transportation hub and a trade centre with manufacturing in electronics, automobile parts and engineering products. In the service sector, the dominant sectors in the city are retail and tourism.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in New Delhi
Starting a company in New Delhi has the following benefits:
- New Delhi is located in the centre of India and so is equidistant from all the states. It has the most number of incoming and outgoing domestic and international flights in India.
- The city’s large consumer market and the availability of skilled labour attracts huge foreign investment.
- Since New Delhi is the seat of the central government of India, many international organizations and embassies are stationed here. Having a company here, expensive though, is a matter of prestige.
- New Delhi is a part of the National Capital Region of India, hence surrounded by wealthy and commercially active neighbourhoods, offering gainful access to global businesses.
Company Registration in New Delhi
The most commonly preferred type of company in New Delhi is a Limited Liability Company (LLC). To register a company in New Delhi, the following steps may be followed:
- Apply for a company name at the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). Prior to this, you’d have to search for a unique name by referring to the MCA portal. You’d need to submit 4 to 5 alternatives for the name to the MCA regional office before choosing one.
- Draft the Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA) of the company. These documents state the company’s internal rules and regulations.
- File e-forms to the Registrar of Companies (ROC) Delhi regional office on the MCA website, like Form INC-7, INC-22, DIR-12 - which are all final forms for company registration in the state of Delhi.
- Pay the ROC stamp duty on the MCA portal online through debit/credit/net banking, and generate the respective challan.
- The ROC Delhi regional office would check and verify all the e-forms and supporting documents and, in case of any inconsistency, return them for resubmission. This may take a minimum of 5-6 days.
- If everything is proper, the ROC would issue a Certificate of Incorporation (CIN). This can be used to open a current bank account for your company.
- Apply for a Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) for your company on the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website. These are issued by the Income Tax Department.
We provide the following company formation services in New Delhi:
- Company incorporation and registration
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) and compliances consulting
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Audit and assurance
- Trademark services
- Advice on mergers and acquisitions
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform to help you kick-start your company internationally. From incorporation, registration and licensing to intellectual property protection, we facilitate the formation of your business through counselling and incubation. New Delhi is a favourable place for starting or expanding your business, given its strategic location and international connectivity. It can provide your company a boost given the suitable foundation and regional know-how. Our approach to company formation is centred around your business vision and objectives. We can help you out with the legal and business formalities of company registration in New Delhi, replete with the most appropriate corporate and income tax regime setup, to leave no stone unturned in burgeoning your business.